My Tokyo Guide
See something interesting? Click on the heart button in the article to add a page from this site to My Favorites.
Main content starts here.
Departure time: Departs at 1 p.m.
Duration of the tour: About 3.5 hours
Cost: 2,480 yen (breakdown: 680 yen per participant + 1,800 yen for accompanying guide for two people)
Visit primarily the Jindaiji Temple that is located in a lush natural area, separated slightly from the city and the surrounding places like a local shopping district and a watermill museum that conveys past lifestyles. Also at Inokashira Park that has lush nature and is famous for its cherry blossoms. Take a stroll while looking at Inokashira Pond that was the first water supply in Edo and was used for drinking water and Benzaiten that was worshipped by the common people in Edo times. Finally, take a stroll through a lively entertainment district while walking around the maze-like streets of Harmonica Yokocho that retains an old-fashioned atmosphere.
Note: The Jindaiji Watermill Museum is closed Mondays.
Tokyo Tourist Information Center at Shinjuku Expressway Bus Terminal → Shinjuku Station → Chofu Station → Jindaiji Elementary School (bus stop) → Jindaiji path area → Jindaiji Temple → Jindaiji Watermill Museum (closed Mondays) → Jindaiji Temple or Jindaiji Temple entrance (bus stop)→Inokashira Park → Harmonica Yokocho→Kichijoji Station (end)
This guide service is provided by volunteers, and transportation is mainly by public transport or walking.
Guide service is limited to a maximum 5 participants.
It will be accompanied by 2 tour guides.
Participants are required to pay the costs for 2 tour guides.
The fees shown here are for 1 participant. The price changes depending on the number of participants. We will notify you of the actual fee by email.
The fee for guide services should be paid with Japanese Yen.
Among the participants, there must be at least 1 person over 20 years old.
Some facilities may be closed depending on the day of the week.
The time and date of departure changes depending on the route, so please check the details for each route.
The fee is the amount required for transport and attraction admission fees. (Including the fees for 2 guides). It also includes the amount required for the guides to return to Shinjuku after the guidance finishes. The guidance itself is free of charge.
1) To apply for a tour, click the “Apply here” button.
2) We require you to inform us of your first and second preference for route and time/date. Please understand that we may be unable to offer guidance on your preferred date depending on volunteer schedules.
3) Bookings are required from 1 month to 3 days prior to your preferred guidance date.
4) After submitting your booking, we will send a response within a week. For bookings made from 1 week to 3 days before, we will respond the day before your preferred date at the latest. Be sure to include your contact details in Japan.
5) To cancel a booking, please contact us at least 1 day prior.