My Tokyo Guide
See something interesting? Click on the heart button in the article to add a page from this site to My Favorites.
Main content starts here.
Departure time: Departs at 1 p.m.
Duration of the tour: About 3 hours
Cost: 4,610 yen (breakdown: 2,870 yen per participant + 1,740 yen for accompanying guide for two people)
You will explore the "Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden" which used to be an imperial domain and had been an agricultural experimental station at some point in the past. Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden is an enormous garden with an exceptionally wide variety of plants, which is rare in this metropolis. Its western-style gardens are also a must-see as well as its Japanese garden. At the "Imperial Hotel", you will also have a chance to experience a tea ceremony which has been brought to international attention as a form of composite art that includes Japanese aesthetic feeling and philosophy.
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden is closed on Mondays.
Imperial Hotel "Tea Ceremony Room TOKO-AN" is closed on Sundays, national holidays, during summer holidays, and the year-end and New Year holidays.
Tokyo Tourist Information Center at Shinjuku Expressway Bus Terminal → Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden (Closed on Mondays) → Shinjuku-gyoemmae Station → Ginza Station → Imperial Hotel TOKO-AN: Teahouse experience (Sundays, holidays)→Yurakucho Station (end)
This guide service is provided by volunteers, and transportation is mainly by public transport or walking.
The participants for the guide service are up to 5 people.
It will be accompanied by 2 tour guides.
Participants are required to pay the costs for 2 tour guides.
The fees shown here are for 1 participant. The price changes depending on the number of participants. We will notify you of the actual fee by email.
The fee for guide services should be paid with Japanese Yen.
Among the participants, there must be at least 1 person over 20 years old.
Some facilities may be closed depending on the day of the week.
The time and date of departure changes depending on the route, so please check the details for each route.
1) To apply for a tour, click the “Apply here” button.
2) We require you to inform us of your first and second preference for route and time/date. Please understand that we may be unable to offer guidance on your preferred date depending on volunteer schedules.
3) Bookings are required from 1 month to 3 days prior to your preferred guidance date.
4) After submitting your booking, we will send a response within a week. For bookings made from 1 week to 3 days before, we will respond the day before your preferred date at the latest. Be sure to include your contact details in Japan.
5) To cancel a booking, please contact us at least 1 day prior.