My Tokyo Guide
See something interesting? Click on the heart button in the article to add a page from this site to My Favorites.
Main content starts here.
Departure time: Departs at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Duration of the tour: About 2.5 hours
In this route, you will explore Shinjuku, one of the greatest commercial avenues in Japan, where eating and drinking establishments, department stores, and theaters stand side by side. In the South Exit area, you will drop by trendy spots as you experience the hustle and bustle of the crowded businesses and shopping streets. In the East Exit area, you will visit the first basement level of Isetan Department Store, which is famous for its gourmet food stalls. You can have first hand experience of the Japanese gastronomic culture that focuses on food directly delivered from the producing areas all over the world. Also visit Hanazono Shrine where the deity of prosperous business and development of art and culture is worshiped and the lively Kabuka-cho.
Tokyo Tourist Information Center Busta Shinjuku → Shinjuku Southern Terrace → Takashimaya Times Square (observation space) → Shopping district in the East Exit area → Food sales on the first basement level of the Isetan Department Store (department store basement experience) → Hanazono Shrine → Kabuki-cho (see the Shinjuku Toho Building Godzilla head) → Shinjuku Station (end)
This guide service is provided by volunteers, and transportation is mainly by public transport or walking.
The participants for the guide service are up to 5 people.
It will be accompanied by 2 tour guides.
Participants are required to pay the costs for 2 tour guides.
The fees shown here are for 1 participant. The price changes depending on the number of participants. We will notify you of the actual fee by email.
The fee for guide services should be paid with Japanese Yen.
Among the participants, there must be at least 1 person over 20 years old.
Some facilities may be closed depending on the day of the week.
The time and date of departure changes depending on the route, so please check the details for each route.
The fee is the amount required for transport and attraction admission fees. (Including the fees for 2 guides). It also includes the amount required for the guides to return to Shinjuku after the guidance finishes. The guidance itself is free of charge.
1) To apply for a tour, click the “Apply here” button.
2) We require you to inform us of your first and second preference for route and time/date. Please understand that we may be unable to offer guidance on your preferred date depending on volunteer schedules.
3) Bookings are required from 1 month to 3 days prior to your preferred guidance date.
4) After submitting your booking, we will send a response within a week. For bookings made from 1 week to 3 days before, we will respond the day before your preferred date at the latest. Be sure to include your contact details in Japan.
5) To cancel a booking, please contact us at least 1 day prior.