My Favorites

My Tokyo Guide

See something interesting? Click on the heart button in the article to add a page from this site to My Favorites.

Main content starts here.

Updated: April 2, 2018

Minor illness or injury

Counsellors from the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Institution Information group Himawari are on hand to respond to inquiries regarding medical institutions that provide treatment in foreign language or information on the medical system of Japan. Call 03-5285-8181 between the hours of 9:00a.m. to 8:00p.m. seven days a week.

Illness or injury requiring immediate attention

Make a call to the fire department on the emergency number 119 and say that you need an ambulance service.

Traffic accidents

Call the police on 110. Make sure to note the time and place of the accident, the name, phone number and the license plate number of the other party. If you can't identify the place, ask the store nearby or a passer-by. Make sure to consult a physician if you believe you have been injured, as any injury that seems minor at the site may lead to serious injury.


AED is a medical device that helps restores regular heart rhythms by applying an electric shock. If the victim is unconscious and cannot breathe normally, use an AED. You can find them at airports, public transportation stations and large-scale commercial establishments—available for use by anyone.

Visit Tokyo > Plan Your Trip - Travel to Tokyo > When you feel ill - Travel to Tokyo