My Tokyo Guide
See something interesting? Click on the heart button in the article to add a page from this site to My Favorites.
Main content starts here.
Updated: August 26, 2019
Meeting time: 6pm
Departure time: 6:15pm
Duration of the tour: Approx. 1 hr 20 min
Join us for a night-time tour in Shinjuku, one of the busiest downtown areas in Japan with countless restaurants, department stores and theaters. Enjoy city lights from an observation deck, admire the illuminated Hanazono Shrine, wander about in lively Kabuki-cho. Discover another fascinating side of Shinjuku at night that contrasts with its daytime appearance.
Tokyo Tourist Information Center at Shinjuku Expressway Bus Terminal (Busta Shinjuku) → Takashimaya Times Square (observation deck) → Hanazono Shrine → Golden-gai (Golden District) → Kabuki-cho (exterior view of the Godzilla Head on top of the Shinjuku Toho Building) → Omoide Yokocho (Memories Alley) → Tour ends
This service is a walking tour guided by two volunteers. Please note that the volunteers work as tour guides only, and will not accompany you to or make reservations for you at cafes and restaurants.
We accept up to five participants for each tour.
Walk-in participation is accepted exclusively for those who would like to join a tour in English. If you would like to join the same-day tour, please come to Tokyo Tourist Information Center at Busta Shinjuku at 5:30 pm. The reception is until 6pm. For tours happening on the day you apply, you can accompany other group travelers if you wish, as long as the total does not exceed 5 people. The departure is at 6 pm. However, please note that for same-day tours, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis from 5:30 pm.
Please note that there may be times when we are not able to offer the guide service, depending on the circumstances of the volunteers. If it is possible for you to fix the tour date beforehand, please check the booking guideline below and apply in advance.
The guide service may be cancelled under certain circumstances. If you would like to participate in a tour on the day, please refer to the link below to check whether the tour will go ahead before visiting us. *Please note that you cannot check the tour availability with this link.
1) To apply for a tour, click the “Apply here” button.
2) You can request up to two possible dates for the tour. Please note that there may be times when we are not able to offer guide service on your chosen date due to reasons such as the availability of volunteers.
3) Bookings are required from 1 month to 3 days prior to your preferred guidance date.
4) After submitting your booking, we will send a response within a week. For bookings made from 1 week to 3 days before, we will respond the day before your preferred date at the latest. Be sure to include your contact details in Japan.
5) To cancel a booking, please contact us at least 1 day prior.