My Tokyo Guide
See something interesting? Click on the heart button in the article to add a page from this site to My Favorites.
Main content starts here.
Updated: September 3, 2019
Departure time: Departs 10:00 am or 3:00 pm
Duration of the tour: Approx. 1 hr 20 min
Cost: 0 yen
In this tour, you can enjoy the atmosphere of vibrant "Asakusa" which once was a flourishing downtown area representative of Tokyo. People started to gather in Asakusa centering on Sensoji Temple long before the Edo Period (the 17th Century), and it was once a flourishing downtown area representative downtown of Tokyo. The atmosphere of modern Japan still remains strong here. Asakusa simply is a must-see spot in Tokyo. This is a route where you can enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of old downtown "Asakusa".
Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center 1F Information → Center 8F observation deck → Nakamise Avenue → Sensoji Temple → Asakusa Shrine (end)
This guide service is a course designed for people in wheelchairs or who have difficulty walking.
This guide service can accommodate up to 5 people, including no more than one person using a wheelchair.
Please note that the two volunteers will provide guide service only and will not operate wheelchairs. However, accompaniment by a caregiver is not a requirement for participating in the guide service.
1) To apply for a tour, click the “Apply here” button.
2) You may request up to two preferences for date/time. Please understand that we may be unable to offer guide services on your preferred date depending on volunteer schedules.
3) Bookings are required from 1 month to 3 days prior to your preferred guidance date.
4) After submitting your booking, we will send a response within a week. For bookings made from 1 week to 3 days before, we will respond the day before your preferred date at the latest. Be sure to include your contact details in Japan.
5) To cancel a booking, please contact us at least 1 day prior.