Main content starts here.
For overseas media that are planning to feature print articles, TV/radio programs related to tourism in Tokyo, Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau offers useful support services. Upon the approval of your application, we are happy to provide the following services:
1. What we offer
- Up to three nights’ accommodation for up to three professional journalists
- Public transportation expenses in Tokyo and to (or from) Narita or Haneda Airport within the duration of media support program.
- Guide-interpreter for up to three days and up to 8 hours a day (Guide-interpreter neither makes arrangements nor negotiates for receiving permission for reporting).
- Entrance fees to the tourist attractions and venues
The support listed above may change depending on the exposure of your coverage and other reasons related to our projects/events schedule.
Please note that items below are not covered by Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau:
- Airline tickets
- Any additional expenses not listed above
2. Condition of the application
When you apply for this program, you will be asked to make sure;
- to fill out the application form more than four weeks in advance of the date of your arrival.
- the articles or program you plan is related to the tourism in Tokyo.
- the publication dates of articles or the dates of TV/radio broadcasts are fixed in advance of your arrival and should be within 6 months of the shooting or interview.
- to finish the shooting or interview by March, 2020.
- the final product(two copies or two DVDs) with an English summary need to be sent to Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau right after publication or broadcasting.
- to put “Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau” in the credit sequence.
- the condition might be changed without notice at the Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau's discretion.
- You will be required to follow all rules and laws of Tokyo and Japan during your stay in Tokyo.
3. How to apply
- Please fill out the application form and send us your previously published articles or aired programs, brief itinerary and the assignment verification if you are freelance.
- After the review, we will inform you whether your application is approved or not.
- We will contact you for further details to arrange the accommodation and guide-interpreter.
For further details and general inquiries about the Media Support Program, please contact:
Tokyo Convention and Visitors Bureau
email@example.com or Fax: +81-3-5579-2645