Azuma-bashi Bridge

HOME > SEARCH SIGHTSEEING SPOTS > Azuma-bashi Bridge

Main content starts here.

Azuma-bashi Bridge was originally built in 1774 at the site of a ferry landing called Takecho-no-watashi. Residents organized construction, charged a toll, and later named it Azumabashi. The structure today was rebuilt in 1931 and serves as a prominent spot on Sumidagawa River cruises.

Length/ Width: 150m/ 20m
Construction/ Type: Steel arch girder
Year of completion (construction commencement) 1931

Detailed information

Basic information

Address

1-chome Hanakawado border & 2-chome Kaminarimon

Taito-ku

1-chome Azumabashi border, Asakusa-dori Street, Sumida-ku

Access

By train:Tokyo Metro Ginza Line Asakusa
Toei Asakusa Line Asakusa, Honjo Azumabashi

Map information

SEARCH GO TOKYO