Asakusa Hanayashiki

HOME > SEARCH SIGHTSEEING SPOTS > Asakusa Hanayashiki

Main content starts here.

The Asakusa Hanayashiki was born at the end of the Edo period in the year 1853 as a flower garden featuring primarily peonies and chrysanthemums. Amusement facilities were built from around 1872, and Asakusa Hanayashiki became so popular that it was even visited surreptitiously by Emperor Taisho. Later in 1949 it was rebuilt as an amusement park. Today this crowded facility features 20 types of attractions as well as a Street Stall Plaza and restaurants, and it remains a favorite amusement park in Asakusa.

Detailed information

Basic information

Address

2-28-1 Asakusa

Taito-ku

Postal code:111-0032

Contact information

Website:Asakusa hanayashiki

Access

By car:Approximately 5 minutes from Kototoi Street from the Iriya Exit on the Ueno Line of Route 1

From Haneda Airport:Keikyu Main Line -> Transfer to the Toei Asakusa Line and get off at Asakusa Station (5 minutes by foot)

By train:3 minutes by foot from Asakusa Station on the Tsukuba Express
5 minutes by foot from Asakusa Station on the subway Ginza Line/Asakusa Line/Tobu Isezaki Line

By bus:5 minutes by foot from the Asakusa-sanchome bus stop

For

Children | Students | Groups | Couples | Families | Seniors | Seniors |

Views/scenery

Views of the TOKYO SKY TREE | Viewing spots/floors |

Other services

Facility information

Toilet facilities available | Restaurant facilities | Smoking area |

Foreign language explanations/displays

English |

Foreign language pamphlets

English |

Universal design

  • Automated external defibrillator (AED)
  • Medical services/first-aid
  • Regular elevators/wheelchair-accessible elevators
  • Western-style toilet with handrail
  • Multi-purpose toilet
  • Diaper changing area
  • Nursing room
  • Floor height difference in facility

Map information

SEARCH GO TOKYO