Encampment ruins (round stone wall)

HOME > SEARCH SIGHTSEEING SPOTS > Encampment ruins (round stone wall)

Main content starts here.

main

sub

In 1528, Nakamura Matajiro (a vassal of the warlord Hojo Soun) arrived on the island to serve as chief magistrate and erected his headquarters. With the advent of the Edo period, the Shogunate located its offices for administering the island here. In 1900 it became the Hachijojima Agency of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, and served as the political center for the island. However, the island agency was relocated elsewhere in 1908, and all that remains of the former inception point for the political culture of Hachiojima Island are the round stone wall encampment ruins.

Detailed information

Basic information

Address

Okago

Hachijo-machi

Postal code:100-1498

Access

By car:10 minutes by car from Hachijojima Airport

By bus:1 minute walk from Ozato bus stop

For

Groups | Couples | Families | Seniors | Seniors |

Map information

SEARCH GO TOKYO